Friday, September 17, 2010

A promise I'll keep

I know it is only September but I have Christmas on the mind.  More importantly, I have the Christmas budget on my mind and how to give Christmas gifts on the cheap.  I am a whole hearted believer that it isn't the amount of money you spend on a gift but more that the receipant will like and use it and often those gifts can be cheap!  I also like to think I'm a thoughtful gift giver, I am trying to teach this skill to my hubby.  For my birthday the first year we were dating he gave me floor mats for my car, I was 22 so floor mats wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but I married him anyway : )  So here is my Christmas promise: I am going to make all of the gifts my family gives.  Either as a DIY, or an upcycled or recyled gift, I will have my hand in making part of all of 'em. 

What will I give you ask?  Well, since most of my gift list reads the blog I can't give too much away. For my Mother in law and Mom, quit freaking out, you will still get your yearly photo calendar of my adorable kids.  I have already determined my step-dad, Wes and Father in-in-law will probably be the most difficult so for that reason I have decided that I will include gift baskets I buy the contents for and put together in the "Yeah, I made this..." category. 

Of course I'll feature all of them right here on the blog with some super, secret FBI like nicknames.  I have a few ideas in mind, do think my nephews will like the rock dominoes from earlier this week? I'm sure more than a few will get this DIY stationary set seen here, here and here. And you can bet that some will be getting these shirts.

So, who wants to join me and make your gifts. Ya' know you want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment