Thursday, August 19, 2010

DIY: The Write Stuff Part three

Whew! What a week!  Things at our house have been super busy this week so I haven't had time to finish up this series.  But today, the clouds parted, the sun came out and the school bus pulled up, ahhh, the first day of school.  Ok, it was kinda gloomy and dark and I drive my munchkin to school, so I was just joking about that sun coming, cloud parting, bus pulling up stuff.  But I did have time to do this post really quick.

Part III is the monogramed note card set:



This was actually so simple it's silly! You use some plain, white cardstock along with some patterened cardstock and a little two sided tape.  First, cut the white cardstock, I went with 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 so that I could get 9 per page, the note card was still big enough to write a little note but not huge.

Next, cut your patterened cardstock, mine was about 1/2 an inch bigger than my paper on all sides, but make sure you leave enough for the fold at the top and bottom. Next, place your paper and fold the top over to make a little "bed" for the cardstock.

Then, add a crease at the bottom and put your 2 sided tape in the crease:

Now, align your paper and put it in. Make sure it adheres to the tape at the bottom, then fold the crease again:


Add a wee little piece tape at the top to serve as a closure device:

Almost there, stay with me now! Finally, print or stamp or write the initial(s) of the recipient onto a cutesy piece of coordinating cardstock.  Cut it out and mod podge ( I love to use my mod podge anytime I can!) or glue it on:


Then add it to your other items, add some ribbon or twine to tie it all together and gift it.  It may help if you actually remember to give it to your child's teacher on the first day if that is your intended purpose.  Don't get so caught up taking pictures and holding back tears of joy/sadness/ exhilaration that you forget it at home. Not that I know anyone who would do that, nope, we have it together at our house!

When it finally makes it to school (or whomever you give it to) I'm sure it will be loved and adored:

No comments:

Post a Comment