Monday, August 9, 2010

Quick and easy...and yummy too!

My family is super busy, just like many of yours.  Between 2 kids in soccer, 4-H, PTO, church....ect. it seems like we have a meeting or activity 3 or 4 nights a week.  Filling two little bellies with some yummy goodness on those nights becomes difficult, and occasionally a car side to go or drive-thru dinner is what we settle for.  But, most nights I try to remain in the candidate pool for "Mom of the Year" (HA!)  and make something that doesn't require a great deal of time and everyone eats.  Plus, eating out is mucho dinero, I read recently the average family eats out 4 times a week, if so, we are far from normal. When I find myself in the midst of one of those days a go to meal is chicken and rice casserole.  My Mother-In-Law gave us this recipe and we use it often.  My girls LOVE it, like they could eat it 3 times a week.  Since it has rice in it I try to tell my self that it is healthy but when that fails (it also has a good bit of mayo) I conclude that is is better than dinner from a greasy bag.

So here is what you need to serve up dinner in a pinch:
1 package Knorr Creamy Chicken Rice, cooked according to directions
1-2 boneless chicken breats, boiled for 10 - 15 minutes
1/3 cup mayo
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1/4 cup milk
Grated cheese, we prefer colby jack

After the rice and chicken are cooked, cut the chicken up into small pieces. 
Mix rice, mayo, cream of chicken and milk. 
Add in cut up chicken.
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes
add cheese and bake another 10 minutes

Enjoy! Sorry for the lack of picture, we devoured it before I could get one.

No comments:

Post a Comment