Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Banana Pops, mmm mmmm good!

Yesterday as I was wiping off the counters I spied two sad, ugly brown bananas. The result of a busy week when we weren't home a lot for lunch or snacks.  I felt bad for the sad bananas, and I didn't want them to go to waste.


Knowing my kids won't eat them if can see any brown on them I knew what I had to do.  Make Banana Pops!
So I ripped the peels off, cut them in half and inserted a popsicle stick into each one.
Then, I gave them a quick dip in a tub of vanilla yogurt, if you are careful you can dip them in on the stick and then just pull it back out.

Next, I added chocolate sprinkles and nuts.  You can use whatever you have though, or whatever is seasonally appropriate. And here they are:

 Then, just pop 'em in the freezer for a few hours so the yogurt hardens a bit then they are ready! What a great way to welcome the kiddos home from school after the first day!

No comments:

Post a Comment