Tuesday, September 21, 2010

You got to pray just to make it today, I said we pray!

Yep, I grew up in the 80's and owned more than one pair of hammer pants so I have had that song in my head since I started working on this project.  Every night when we tuck our kiddos in bed we pray together and every night our 4 year old thinks about who we know that may not be home and prays they get home safely.  While it is sweet that she is always concerned about our friends and family making it home safely every now and then we'd like her to pray for a bit more.

After much thought, well, I thought about it for a good 5 minutes in the shower, I came up with a plan: a prayer book! After I toweled off and dried my hair I ran down to the DG (Dollar General) and snagged a simple 4x6 photo album for a buck.


It is cute and fun and would be easy to use for this project.  After drinking 3 Diet Mountain Dews and seeing what was happening on Facebook I was ready to get to work. I whipped out my scrapbook stickers that picked up for $1 at Big Lots and adhered a few to the front spelling out Let Us Pray:



 I decided on that because we say it during the Prayer of the Faithful at church each week.  On the inside I added some of the prayers that we say each night, the Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be and a few others. Then, I added a few pictures of our family and friends.  Since Christmas is just around the corner I plan to save photo Christmas cards we receive and add them to the book.  I think it will be a great way to reuse cards we receive from our loved ones. Here is one of the pages in our book:


We will keep this in our daughter's room where we pray and add to it over time. This sweet project will set you back less than $2!

No comments:

Post a Comment