Thursday, September 23, 2010

mmmmm mmmmmm Maple Pecan Pork Chops

According to the calendar it is Fall, you wouldn't know it though.  We are having 90 degree temps here in West Virginia this week, the leaves are not turning, there are no cool breezes and other than a few pumpkins on my neighbors porch, there are no signs of Fall at all.  But I have been waiting for Fall.  Besides my beloved Mountaineers being back in action I like fall food: yummy chili, butternut squash, roasts and of course, Maple Pecan Pork Chops!!!

So, I ignored the blazing heat that has kept me inside hiding from the sun, and made those yummy pork chops last night.  There is something about the sweet gooeyness and crunchy nuts mixing that makes me happy. Here's what you need to put this family pleasing meal on the table:

Boneless pork chops - we use 3, but use however many you need to feed your crew
Flour
Salt and Pepper
Oil
1/3 cup of honey a
1/4 cup of pecans - whole or crushed...whatever you like.

Here's what you need to do, it's so easy I let me 7 year old handle it while I soaked in a cool bath to recover from the vicious heat from the long walk from the car to the house.  Just kidding, she was playing babies while I slaved away.  Anyhow, here's the deal:

Mix a dash of salt and pepper with the flour.
Dredge the pork chops in the flour to cover both sides.
Now, grab a pan, put a dab of oil in there and fry these babies up.
In a separate, small pan pour in the honey.  I usually don't measure it and just eyeball it to get about 1/3 cup.
Bring it to a boil and then turn the honey down to low.
Add in the pecans and stir frequently.

When the pork chops are finished plate 'em up and drizzle a little bit of the yummy honey goodness on them.  Serve your happy family and enjoy!


I usually serve this with steamed veggies, baked or sweet potatoes and rosemary rolls because they are yummy and make my heart sing the praises of butter.

4 comments:

  1. So where does the maple come in? Are you supposed to use maple syrup and honey? This sounds and looks delicious.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having pork chops tonight but with mushroom soup. I'll try these next week!!
    M-in-Law

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie, the honey and pecan mixture tastes like maple. You don't need maple syrup. You can add a little cinnamon too if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like pork chops but that looks like its out of Rachael Ray's magazine! What do you think about chicken instead? BTW, you said I got paid a $1 a week for helping with your 4H club, maybe you can just make this for me and we will call it even? (Guess who?!)

    ReplyDelete