Monday, March 21, 2011

One month MIA

Yep, I've been MIA again.  The thing is when you have two munchkins a "I'll do it tomorrow" can get put off for a month. Add in the fact that we had the flu (nasty, nasty stuff!) and a stomach bug.  Over the last two weeks I have been super busy re-doing both of my girls rooms. What made me think it was a good idea to do them at the same time is still undetermined.  But I guess the plus side is that our house was only a wreck for 2 weeks instead of 2 weeks on 2 different occasions and since they were both getting new rooms the jealously was at an all time low!

Our oldest who is 7 (going on 17) decided that she wanted a Paris themed room:  pink and black with lots of Eiffel tower charm.  Our youngest decided that she was all about a Princess room.  Since the older had a Princess room my brilliant husband thought we should just switch them and only redo one room.  But after a few conversations with the 4 year old it turns out that "princess" to her means a canopy above her bed.

So I got the wheels turning and started coming up with ideas. Obviously I wanted to stick with a pretty small budget, originally we had said less than $500 for both.  I'm happy to report that it will be less than $250 for both!

 I'll have more details on...well, the details of each room soon.  But here is a sneak peek of the "princess" room:


The fun rug was really what got everything started for this room!  The low bunk bed and book nook underneath are perfect, she loves them!

We re-painted a dresser we already had to save some $$$!

And now get your passport ready for Paris:

We still have a couple projects to do in her room!


That dresser that I re-painted was a $20 craigslist find....woohoo!
Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment